18/02/2009

McQ for TARGET - "Recycling"


McQ for TARGET


McQ Launch ad

One of my dear friend from London just brought to my attention this peculiar picture from the McQ for TARGET lookbook. Taking a closer look quickly confirmed what I first thought " Isn't it me on that print ?" And yes, it is indeed. The picture used as a print for this dress worn by The Duke Spirit lead singer is a portrait of myself done for the very launch of the McQ line back in January 2006. I guess we can talk about a good exemple of fashion recycling there, why would you bother creating new prints for a cheap line for the american mass market?
I can easily understand the process : a busy creative studio juggling between Couture, RTW for men and women plus a second line, that's when you take things out the dusty boxes....
http://www.target.com/b/?node=1260398011&ref=sr_shorturl_mcq

No comments:

Post a Comment